Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Natalie in Me

I thought I'd share with you photos of my first attempt at making miniature food. I used a simple salt-dough mixture which I didn't even bother to bake anymore, just air dried.

I must say I'm very proud of the way the bread that looked realistic - I guess because I've been baking since I was 9, I know what freshly baked bread looks like.

Rolls, buns, loaves, and dumplings

The weird squiggly brown stuff at the top center are bacon strips (everything else is self explanatory)

I created more items in the course of a week, but didn't take photos because I stupidly thought they'd be alright in the ziploc bag. Of course by the time I wanted to take photos, they had grown all kinds of molds and spores that I had to throw away the whole shebang.

My ultimate dream is to create something like this, though...


Isn't is just fan-freaking-tastic?!
My heart races at the thought.

2 comments:

Kat 10:52 PM  

OMG! We are so freaked! You are a freak of nature! We love you anyway.

I have great carving tools now, they can totally help you achieve miniature world domination!

I want to eat the pie, looks yummers. Plus I want to see an actual mini room with working faucets and a toilet, just like what the Queen has! Let's make one with Mika!

Ampersant 12:12 AM  

Yes, yes, that's another dream. The Queen's doll house with the weighing scale in the kitchen that really works as well.

I guess we have to go to England to do our ocular research of the project...mwahahahaha. Excuses excuses.

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 edited by KatherineTM

Back to TOP