Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Mother's Daughter

If there were any doubts left in my mind that I am my mother's daughter, today wiped it all away.

When I glanced out of my office window, I noticed there was dark smoke rising up from Three Salcedo Place. Fire! I immediately thought. What was burning?

There were people standing on the steps of the entrance and it looked like a box was burning in the middle of the street. What was a box doing there? What was in it? Who set it on fire?

Then I saw someone approach it and douse the flames with a fire extinguisher. Ah, the drama was over.

But then a man carrying a long pole approached the box and reignited the fire. What ritual is this? Are they making sure the thing inside the box is completely burnt before they leave it? Was it a dead body? dog? cat? dare I say...baby?(yes, i watched too much CSI)

At this point, I could no longer stand not knowing what was happening down there. So I opened my trusty pal Google and looked for the phone number of 3SP. I found it, of course (I am not the sister of Guru for nothing).

Turned out, today was their fire drill. The burning box was a demonstration of how to use the fire extinguisher.

Now, the drama is really over. No db, nothing sinister happened...baduy.

I am my mother's daughter - curious, full of questions, will not hesitate to exhaust all means to find the answer to the mystery.

I love it!

1 comments:

Kat 12:13 PM  

haha! indeed you are growing up to be just like mommy :)

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 edited by KatherineTM

Back to TOP